HCH offers links to numerous searchable databases listed below.
Please note: these links will launch new browser windows, taking you outside the Henry Carter Hull Library website. You may simply close the window when finished.
by ProQuest Full text articles from: Christian Science Monitor, Hartford
Courant, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, New York Times Book Review,
New York Times Magazine, Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post.
You may also search the newspapers individually by clicking on the links below:
- The Hartford Courant 1992-Current Complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community.
- The Historical Hartford Courant Search the earliest years of the Hartford Courant from the first issue published in October 1764 through 1922. Find articles and images that relate CT and national history.
- Christian Science Monitor (1987-)
- Los Angeles Times (1985-)
- New York Times (1985-)
- Wall Street Journal (1984-)
- Washington Post (1987-)
How can I search a particular title within all these databases, for example, Consumer Reports Magazine?
Click HERE to search for a magazine, journal or newspaper by title.
Ancestry Library Edition
Ancestry® Library Edition has unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada and other areas. The Ancestry Library Edition collection has approximately 4,000 databases including key collections such as U.S. Federal Census images and indexes from 1790 to 1930; the Map Center containing more than 1,000 historical maps; American Genealogical Biographical Index (over 200 volumes); Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage (over 150 volumes); The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1630; Social Security Death Index (updated monthly); WWI Draft Registration Cards; Federal Slave Narratives; and a strong Civil War collection. Ancestry Library Edition updates continually, with more indexes and original images added all the time. Click here for a tutorial.
AtoZ Travel Database: 202 World Cities, 10,000 photos, Concise Overviews, Easy to Navigate,
City Maps, City Facts, Currency , Telephone, Electrical, Country Overview, Travel Resources
Dialing Guides • Health & Medical, Women Travelers, Emergencies
Search all libraries in Connecticut at once for books, journals, DVDs, music and more. iConn is a service of the Connecticut State Library and your local library in partnership with the Department of Higher Education.
- Academic Search Premier - Multidisciplinary and General Interest Resources
- Biography Reference Bank - Subject specific resource
- Biography Reference Center - Subject specific resource
- Commercial Record - Real Estate & Credit Records for Connecticut & Rhode Island. Online access at the HCH Library, please ask for assistance.
- Connecticut Digital Collections- Newspapers of CT, Treasures of CT Libraries, Connecticut State Library's Digital Collections, Connecticut History Online (CHO)
- ConsumerReports.org - Research your big money purchases before you make the plunge.
- ERIC: Education Resource Information Center
- GreenFILE: covering all aspects of human impact on the environment
- History Reference Center - Subject-Specific Resources
- iCONN Newsstand - Search multiple newspaper resources at once
- Kids Search -
interface combines a stateof-
the-art search engine with a child-friendly,
graphically-rich design that is both powerful and fun to use.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Subject specific Resources
- MAS Ultra - School Edition Age-Appropriate Resources for Children and Teens 1000s of e-reference books for elementary, middle and high schools. Magazines, primary source materials, images and maps for elementary, middle and high schools
- Middle Search Plus - School Edition Age-Appropriate Resources for Children and Teens 1000s of e-reference books for elementary, middle and high schools. Magazines, primary source materials, images and maps for elementary, middle and high schools
- Newspaper Source Plus - Multidisciplinary and General Interest Resources
- Nonfiction Book Collection - High Schools
- Nonfiction Book Collection - Middle Schools
- Nonfiction Book Collection - Elementary Schools
- Primary Search - School Edition Age-Appropriate Resources for Children and Teens 1000s of e-reference books for elementary, middle and high schools. Magazines, primary source materials, images and maps for elementary, middle and high schools
- Professional Development Collection - Resources For Educators
- Referencia Latina - a comprehensive Spanish-language resource
- Science Reference Center - Subject-Specific Resources
- Searchasaurus - Complete with erupting volcanoes, dinosaur guide and compass, Searchasaurus® offers an exciting and easy way for young researchers to experience online searching.
- Student Research Center -
with the most appropriate research tools
for easily obtaining the information that they seek.
- Teacher Reference Center - Resources For Educators
- TOPICSearch - a current events database