Download free eBooks to your eReader.
Available to circulate
Four Barnes & Noble Nooks preloaded with hot book titles
Click for details
iConn now offers its patrons access to downloadable audiobooks as well as downloadable eBooks. Please click on the OneClickDigital to access their website.
First timers may click on this tutorial link:
iConn's helpful links to free e-books:
In order to help meet the growing demand for e-Books, this page, compiled by Eric Hansen at the CT State Library & HCH Library, presents major sources of free, downloadable e-Books.
e-Books in various formats
- Free ebook collection @ New York Public Library
Google Books (100’s of 1000’s of titles) (select “full view” or “free only” in search results)
- Internet Archive (over 2.5 million titles)
- ManyBooks.net (29,000 titles)
- Online Books Page (over 1 million titles)
- Project Gutenberg (over 33,000 titles)
- Booklending.com is a free service for Amazon kindle users that allows you to lend and borrow e-books! Registering is easy, & you can even use your facebook account to log in
- Openlibrary.org (over 1 million titles)
391 Websites for Free E-books Online
For the Kindle - Amazon's Free
Collection (over 16.000 of the most popular classics)*
FreeBookSifter helps you navigate the free Amazon books easily!
For the Nook - Barnes & Noble's Free Collection*
In iCONN - E-Reference Books (67 titles) (read online only) (requires CT public library card)
For more e-Books, try iCONN's Literature site
*Note: these sites require setting up an account with a credit card.